Coronavirus COVID-19 Information
A Message from Ann Johnson, RN, CEO
Wild Iris Medical Education is working to support you and your continuing education needs during this unprecedented situation now facing the healthcare community.
An outbreak of a respiratory disease caused by a new coronavirus was first detected in China and has now infected people worldwide, including in the United States. The virus has been named “SARS-CoV-2,” and the disease it causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”).
Due to the many rapid developments in the spread of this pandemic and knowledge of the disease, Wild Iris Medical Education first recommends that nurses and all other healthcare professionals stay abreast of up-to-date information provided by their own workplaces and from the following agencies in order to support best patient outcomes:
High-risk patients are considered to be those with comorbid underlying conditions, such as asthma, diabetes, COPD, and heart failure. If those patients become infected with COVID-19, their outcome may be fatal.
Nurses and other healthcare professionals caring for high-risk patients will benefit from the following CEU courses:
- Asthma Patient Care (10 contact hours)
- Cardiac Patient Care: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) (9 contact hours)
- Clinical Care for the Heart Failure Patient (5 contact hours)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) (6 contact hours)
- Diabetes, Type 1 (4 contact hours)
- Diabetes, Type 2 (7 contact hours)
- 30-Hour Nursing CEU Renewal Package (includes the above courses on diabetes and three other courses, available at a discount price)
- Covid-19 Nursing CEU Renewal Package (includes Infection Control, COVID-19: The Impact of a Pandemic on Mental Health, Asthma Patient Care, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Burnout and Stress)
Preventing the spread of COVID-19 also requires strict adherence to infection control guidelines. Wild Iris Medical Education offers a broad overview of this topic, including strategies to minimize the risk of occupational exposure to infection:
- Infection Control: Preventing and Controlling Infectious Diseases and Healthcare-Associated Infections (6 contact hours)
Now is also a critical time for all healthcare professionals to prevent and manage stress in the workplace in order to provide the best possible care for patients and themselves.
- Burnout and Stress (3 contact hours)
In an effort to support our customers, we will also update our Coronavirus blog frequently.
Lastly, I’d like to thank all nurses, healthcare providers, first responders, law enforcement, and all others involved in public health efforts and caring for patients affected by this deadly virus.
We at Wild Iris remain hard at work providing education to help meet your needs. All our CEU courses and customer support remain available during regular hours. Please reach out to us if you need any further assistance.
Thank you, and stay safe!
Ann Johnson, RN, CEO
About Wild Iris Medical Education:
Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc., is a privately held, woman-owned company providing online healthcare continuing education. In 1998, we began offering online ANCC-accredited nursing continuing education courses and since then have expanded to provide CEUs for nursing case managers, occupational therapists, physical therapists, paramedics, EMTs, and other healthcare professionals.
Join Our More Than 750,000 Satisfied Customers Now!
High-quality, accredited, evidenced-based continuing education courses in an easy-to-use format designed for learning, from Wild Iris Medical Education. We've been providing online CE since 1998.