New Hampshire Board of Nursing License Renewal Requirements for Nurses
What are the state license renewal requirements for a nurse in New Hampshire?
For registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and advanced practice registered nurses in the state of New Hampshire, there are specific license renewal requirements that the New Hampshire Board of Nursing determines. These requirements include courses for RNs, LPNs, and APRNs.
- For detailed nursing license renewal information and latest updates, please always refer to the New Hampshire State Board of Nursing
Nursing License CE Requirements
CE Requirements for Nursing Licenses
Every two years, the New Hampshire Nursing Board requires nurses to complete the following continuing education contact hours to comply with licensing requirements:
- 30 contact hours for RN license renewal
- 30 contact hours for LPN license renewal
- 60 contact hours for APRN license renewal
- Specialty certification: 30 of the 60 required contact hours and an additional 30 hours should include 5 hours of pharmacology
- For licensees with an active DEA # for prescribing in New Hampshire, 3 of the 5 pharmacology hours must address opioid prescribing, pain management, or substance abuse disorder
License Expiration and Renewal
Registered Nurse Licenses:
New Hampshire RN licenses expire every two years one day before the nurse's birthday.
Licensed Practical Nurse Licenses:
New Hampshire LPN licenses expire every two years one day before the nurse's birthday.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Licenses:
New Hampshire APRN licenses expire every two years one day before the nurse's birthday.
About Wild Iris Medical Education
Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc., is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). Provider #P0314.
New Hampshire nursing license renewal information as of September 2019.
How Can I Earn My Contact Hours?
1 Read Course
2 Pass Test
3 Pay & Get Instant Certificate
Eunice, RN in Minnesota
Wild Iris Medical Education courses have been the best distance CEU courses I have ever taken. They are informative, clear, and concise. Your website is also set up very well. Thank you!
Join Us and Become One of Our Million+ Satisfied Customers Today!
High-quality, accredited, evidenced-based continuing education courses in an easy-to-use format designed for learning, from Wild Iris Medical Education. We've been providing online CE since 1998.