Courses and Tests FAQ
Answers to Common Questions about Courses and Tests
- How do I take an online CEU course with Wild Iris Medical Education?
- How do I find a CEU course?
- What is the difference between "CE", "CEU", and "CH"?
- How long does it take to complete your continuing education courses?
- What do I have to do to earn a certificate of completion?
- Are your tests timed?
- What score do I need to pass the test?
- Can I retake the test if I don’t pass it the first time?
- What is your refund/cancellation policy?
- Which states accept your CEU courses?
- How many CEUs do I need?
- My state mandates a CE topic for my profession. Do you offer a course to fulfill my state’s requirement and where can I find it?
- How can I get credit for a CEU course if I don’t have a license yet?
- Can I obtain a license or specialty certification by taking your CEU courses?
- Who can take your online CEU courses?
- How can I find out when you add new courses to your website?
- Do you offer free courses?
- How do I contact you about special needs (ADA accommodation)?
- Didn’t find the answer? See our other FAQs or contact us.
How do I take an online CEU course with Wild Iris Medical Education?
- Select a course, study online or offline, pass the test with a score of 70% or better, and register and pay. Your certificate is delivered online and by email.
Read information on how to take an online course.
Find a course now.
How do I find a CEU course?
Look for the "Courses" link in the menu or find a course now.
What is the difference between "CE," "CEU," and "CH"?
- "CE" is an abbreviation for "continuing education." It is commonly used to refer to continuing education courses.
- "CEU" is an abbreviation for "continuing education unit," which is a measurement for a unit of study generally equal to 10 contact hours for some professions (e.g., occupational therapy). "CEU" is also commonly used as a generic term to refer to continuing education courses.
- "CH" is an abbreviation for "contact hour." "1 CH" indicates that it generally takes 60 minutes (1 hour) to study the course material, successfully pass a test, and complete an evaluation (2 CH = 2 hours, 3 CH = 3 hours, and so on.) In nursing, most CE credit is awarded in CH (contact hours).
How long does it take to complete your continuing education courses?
Wild Iris Medical Education offers courses ranging from 1 to 10 CH (contact hours). On average, our courses take 60 minutes per contact hour to study the material, successfully pass the test, and complete the course evaluation.
1 CH = 60 minutes (1 hour)
2 CH = 2 hours
3 CH = 3 hours
and so on.
What do I have to do to earn a certificate of completion?
- Read the course.
- Pass the test with a score of 70% or better.
- Complete the course evaluation.
- Register and pay.
- Get your certificate instantly online and by email.
Are your tests timed?
NO. However, you will not be able to save your answers and return some other time to complete a test, so we recommend that you allow yourself enough time to answer all questions in one session, complete the course evaluation, and register for your certificate.
What score do I need to pass the test?
You must answer at least 70% of the questions correctly to pass the test. You can retake the test as many times as necessary until you pass. You only pay once after you pass.
Can I retake the test if I don’t pass it the first time?
YES. There is no limit to the number of times you can take the test. You only pay once after you pass.
What is your refund/cancellation policy?
- Course availability: We reserve the right to discontinue a course at any time.
- Refunds: If a certificate already issued and paid for is not accepted by your licensing agency, we will refund your payment upon request. The certificate and associated earned CE will no longer be valid. Please contact us for more information.
Which states accept your CEU courses?
- Nursing courses are accepted in all 50 states.
- Occupational therapy courses are accepted in all 50 states.
- Physical therapy CE approval varies by state. See our PT Approval Information page for information.
- EMS CE approval varies by state/local EMS jurisdiction. See our EMS CE Provider Approval page for information. (Note: our courses are not accepted in Florida.)
- State-mandated courses are approved in the respective state for various licenses. Information is provided at the top of each state-mandated course, and on our State-Mandated Course Approval page.
How many CEUs do I need?
Continuing education requirements vary by state and by profession.
Check with your licensing board/agency to determine your state's requirements:
Physical Therapy Licensing Agencies
Occupational Therapy Regulatory Boards
My state mandates a CE topic for my profession. Do you offer a course to fulfill my state’s requirement and where can I find it?
How can I get credit for a CEU course if I don’t have a license yet?
If you don’t have your license number yet, enter “0000” as your license number during our registration process, then select license type "other" and your state.
All of our certificates of completion include accreditation and approval statements specific to the course, and our courses may meet and be accepted for initial licensure requirements in your state. If you are taking our course for licensing purposes, be sure to check with your state licensing body to confirm it will be acceptable.
Can I obtain a license or specialty certification by taking your CEU courses?
NO. Our courses are not the same as a licensing exam. However, some of our courses may meet an educational requirement for initial licensure in your state as well as a continuing education requirement for license renewal.
Who can take your online CEU courses?
Wild Iris Medical Education CEU courses are available to healthcare professionals and anyone who is interested in the topics we offer, including students, caregivers, and members of the general public. If you are taking our courses for CE credit, see our Accreditation and Approval page for details to ensure our courses are approved for your license.
How can I find out when you add new courses to your website?
- Look for the "New" notation next to a course title.
- Select the category "New Courses", at the top of course lists.
- Subscribe to our email list
- Follow us on social media: Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Do you offer free courses?
YES. Look for the "Free" notation on the course lists under the price column.
How do I contact you about special needs (ADA accommodation)?
Please contact us about your accessibility needs by using our contact form, or by phone 707-937-0518, fax 707-937-2546, or mail to Wild Iris Medical Education, PO Box 257, Comptche, CA 95427.
I can’t find the answer to my question. How can I contact you?
- Use our website contact form
- Call us at 707-937-0518. We are available Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm, Pacific time.