Skip to main content

ANCC Accreditation and other Approvals FAQ

Answers to Common Questions about Accreditation and Approval


Please note: Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc., is accredited and approved to provide online continuing education for healthcare professionals, including nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and emergency medical personnel. Our broad-based curriculum also includes state-mandated courses for various other licensed healthcare professionals.



What agencies accredit or approve Wild Iris Medical Education CEU courses?

Wild Iris Medical Education is accredited and approved as a continuing education provider by:

  • American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (Accepted by nursing boards in all 50 states and U.S. territories)
  • California Board of Nursing
  • Florida Board of Nursing
  • American Occupational Therapy Association (Also accepted by NBCOT)
  • Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
  • Florida Board of Physical Therapy (Only certain courses are approved; see the PT Approvals page for details)
  • Physical Therapy Board of California (Accepted by PT boards in many other states)
  • Coastal Valleys EMS Agency (California) (Accepted by the NREMT Board)
  • See also State-Mandated Course Approval regarding additional approvals from individual state boards for specific courses and more professions

For details on provider numbers and additional accreditation information, see:

Are you ANCC accredited?

Yes, we are an ANCC accredited provider. Our nursing CEUs are accepted in all 50 U.S. states and every U.S. territory.

Where do I find information about approvals for the state-mandated courses you offer?

Each state-mandated course includes an approval statement displayed at the top of the course. You can also find information on our State-Mandated Course Approval page.

Are your continuing nursing education (CNE) courses approved for all types of nursing licenses?


Which states accept your nursing continuing education (CNE) courses?

We are an ANCC accredited provider of continuing nursing education. ANCC accreditation is accepted by the nursing boards of all 50 states and U.S. territories.

To which licensing boards do you report course completions electronically?

We participate in automated reporting to CE Broker and the Pennsylvania Department of State for PA-mandated courses.

Do you report CEU course completions to CE Broker?

YES. See our CE Broker information page for details.

How long does it take for my course completion to be reported to CE Broker?

We report completed course registrations to CE Broker every 24 hours. See our CE Broker information page for details.

Do you report course completions to the Pennsylvania Department of State (DOS)?

YES. An electronic report of your successful course completion for mandated child abuse courses is sent to the the PA Department of State (DOS) within 24 hours. The PA reporting system only accepts automated reports, and you must provide the last 4 digits of your social security number and birthdate when registering for the course. You must also ensure that you are registered exactly the same in the Wild Iris Medical Education system as in the PA database in order for the PA DOS to match your record successfully.

Why do some of my OT course completion certificates have an AOTA course approval number and others don’t? Are courses without an approval number still accepted?

Yes, courses with the AOTA provider statement and courses with an AOTA course approval number are both accepted as AOTA approved.
AOTA introduced a new course approval system in June 2020 requiring courses posted after June 1, 2020 to be reviewed individually by AOTA. Courses reviewed and approved under the new system are assigned a course approval number by AOTA. AOTA continues to approve courses posted before June 1, 2020 under their old system but does not assign a specific course approval number for them.

Which states accept Wild Iris Medical Education physical therapy (PT) continuing education courses?

Approval of physical therapy continuing education credit varies by state.
See Physical Therapy CE Approval for details about your state.

I have a PT/PTA license and my licensing agency will accept CE courses from providers who are accredited or approved by another agency or board. Is Wild Iris Medical Education an accredited/approved continuing education provider?

YES. Wild Iris Medical Education is recognized by the Physical Therapy Board of California as a Continuing Competency Approval Agency. We are also accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and many other agencies and boards.

For PTs licensed in Colorado, which category are your continuing education courses?

All Wild Iris Medical Education PT CEU courses are considered Category I for Colorado.

Are your EMS courses accepted by the NREMT Board?


I can’t find the answer to my question. How can I contact you?

  • Use our website contact form
  • Call us at 707-937-0518. We are available Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm, Pacific time.
Back to Top