North Dakota Board of Nursing License Renewal Requirements for Nurses
What are the state license renewal requirements for a nurse in North Dakota?
For registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and advanced practice registered nurses in the state of North Dakota, there are specific license renewal requirements that the North Dakota Board of Nursing determines. These requirements include courses for RNs, LPNs, and APRNs.
We report course completions electronically to CE Broker every 24 hours for North Dakota licensees.
- For detailed nursing license renewal information and latest updates, please always refer to the North Dakota State Board of Nursing
Nursing License CE Requirements
CE Requirements for Nursing Licenses
Every two years, the North Dakota Nursing Board requires nurses to complete the following continuing education contact hours to comply with licensing requirements:
- 12 contact hours for RN license renewal
- 12 contact hours for LPN license renewal
- 15 contact hours in pharmacotherapy for APRN license renewal
Unacceptable subject matter or course contents that DO NOT MEET the CE requirement in ND:
- Basic Life Support classes
- CPR classes
- Recertification Courses (Shortened Version) for Advanced Life Support Skills (ACLS, PALS, and NRP). Please note, the comprehensive Advanced Life Support Skills courses completed in their entirety may be used to meet CE requirements once each two-year licensure renewal cycle.
- Repetition of any educational activity with identical content and objectives within a single reporting period
- Agency specific orientation or in-service programs
- Self-directed independent study activities that have not been approved for CE
- Community service or volunteer practice
- Administrative or disciplinary CE
- Membership in a professional nursing organization
- Professional meetings or conventions except for those portions approved for CE
- UpToDate activity certificates do not meet the requirement for Pharmacology specific CE for Prescriptive Authority
License Expiration and Renewal
Registered Nurse Licenses:
North Dakota RN licenses online renewal is available from October 1 through December 31 of each year.
Licensed Practical Nurse Licenses:
North Dakota LPN licenses online renewal is available from October 1 through December 31 of each year.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Licenses:
North Dakota APRN licenses online renewal is available from October 1 through December 31 of each year.
About Wild Iris Medical Education
Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc., is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). Provider #P0314.
North Dakota nursing license renewal information as of September 2019.
How Can I Earn My Contact Hours?
1 Read Course
2 Pass Test
3 Pay & Get Instant Certificate
Join Us and Become One of Our Million+ Satisfied Customers Today!
High-quality, accredited, evidenced-based continuing education courses in an easy-to-use format designed for learning, from Wild Iris Medical Education. We've been providing online CE since 1998.
Eunice, RN in Minnesota
Wild Iris Medical Education courses have been the best distance CEU courses I have ever taken. They are informative, clear, and concise. Your website is also set up very well. Thank you!