MSN, BSN, ADN
Judith Swan has been in the healthcare field for over fifty years, beginning as a medic in the U.S. Air Force. As an RN, she has worked in mental health, emergency, orthopedics, hospice, and medical/surgical. She holds an MSN as a family nurse practitioner. Judith's experience in nursing education includes teaching psychiatric, long-term, and dementia nursing care and as director of a nursing assistant college program. She has written ancillary educational materials for nursing textbooks, curricula for nursing assistant programs, online health articles, and continuing education courses since 2012.
Judith Swan also contributes as a blog writer for Wild Iris.
Below is a list of her posts.
Concordia University, WI, MSN, Family Nurse Practitioner
Viterbo College, LaCrosse, WI, BSN
- Cook County Graduate School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, Comprehensive Emergency Nursing
- The American College, Bryn Mawr, PA, Certificate in Modern and Performance Management
Swan, J. (July 1999). "Wearing Two Hats: Consumer & Provider"
- Journal of Psychosocial Nursing, Vol. 37, No. 7, 21-24
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10412687 to view abstract
SME Reviewer of textbook
Writer - Instructor Resource Ancillaries
- Carter, P. (2008). Lippincott’s textbook for nursing assistants: a humanistic approach, 2ed. Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Carter & Stegan (2008). Advanced Skills for Nursing Assistants. Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Carter, P. (2010). Lippincott’s Textbook for nursing assistants: a humanistic approach, 3rd ed. Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Kurzen, N. (2011) Contemporary Practical/Vocational Nursing, 7th ed. Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Nursing CEU Courses by Author Judith Swan
Join Us and Become One of Our Million+ Satisfied Customers Today!
High-quality, accredited, evidenced-based continuing education courses in an easy-to-use format designed for learning, from Wild Iris Medical Education. We've been providing online CE since 1998.